Arrival / Departure
BEFORE SCHOOL RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Our breakfast program and supervision of the morning playground will start at 7:30 am. Students that ride bicycles, walk, or are driven by parents should NOT arrive to school before 7:30 am. Students should be dropped off in the front parking lot by their parents.
- As students arrive at school they should drop their backpacks off by their classroom door and go to their designated playground or breakfast.
- Students are only allowed in the classroom before 7:55 am, if they have a note from their parent, teacher, or playground supervisor.
- Students are expected to stay in the boundaries of the playground.
- Students are expected to return play equipment to the basket when the bell rings at 7:55 am.
- Appropriate and safe conduct is expected of students at all times.
AFTER SCHOOL RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Students should calmly walk on the sidewalks to their designated area, and follow staff directions.
- Students that ride the bus are to walk to the bus line, and stay in line until the bus comes.
- Students that walk or ride their bikes are to leave campus using the gate on Howard Street. Students that ride their bike to school are to follow these safety guidelines.
a. Bicycles need to be parked in the designated area (located by the gym).
b. Each bicycle needs to be locked when left at school during the day.
c. Each child needs to know and follow safety rules before he/she attempts to ride to school.
d. Children riding their bicycles to and from school need to a wear bicycle safety helmet.
- Students that are being picked up by their parents should calmly wait on the sidewalk in front of the bell.
- Students attending after school programs should go directly to their location at dismissal.
- Bikes, skateboards, or other wheeled items must be walked or carried at all times as soon as they are on campus.
Standard Safety Tips:
- Where no walking area exists, walk on the left side of the roadway facing oncoming traffic to and from school (map only shows the “to school” route).
- Before crossing any street, stop and look both ways for oncoming traffic.
- Obey the instructions of your school patrol, and cross only after receiving direction from him/her.
- When crossing at a traffic signal, be sure to press the pedestrian walk button if available and wait for signal indication and traffic to stop before entering street area. Flashing “DON’T WALK” means do not begin to walk; however, if you are already crossing the street, you may continue walking (do not run). After the “WALK” signal, there is adequate time to allow the average pedestrian to continue walking across the street before oncoming traffic receives a green light.
- Cross at safe corners, even if you must walk farther.
- Watch for turning cars.
- Keep from between parked cars.
- Refuse to ride with strangers.
- Go directly from home to school (or from school to home) by the recommended route.
We recommend that you pick your children up after school inside the school parking lot loop. You may also choose to park your car and walk inside the school grounds to meet your child. As you park or as you move through the parking lot loop, please be aware of the many children riding bicycles and walking. Thank you for NOT driving your car into the bus loading zone on Howard Street during dismissal times. Boys and girls in the 5th grades are selected to serve as patrol monitors during the following designated times: 1) 7:35-8:00 am; 2) 2:40 pm, all classes dismissed. Please send your children at the designated times when patrol posts are covered at these locations: 1) Howard, Abbott and 2nd Street intersections; 2) Howard, Reser and Prospect Road intersections, and the 3) Mid-Crosswalk located in the school parking lot.