School Bus Rules
School Bus Rules:
All elementary school students living one mile or more from school are eligible to ride the school bus. Prospect Point is served by more than six school bus routes as well as Valley Transit. Established routes pick up students in the morning, and return students after school. Bus route information can be viewed at the district’s Transportation website: https://www.wwps.org/departments/transportation Listed below are some of the important rules and regulations regarding student conduct while riding buses.
- The driver is in full charge of the bus and students. Students must obey the driver promptly and willingly.
- Students must leave the bus in an orderly manner.
- No student will be permitted to leave the bus except at their regular stop unless they have written per - mission from school authorities or parents. A note should be given to the Office for a pass to be issued.
Ten Safety Tips for Riding the Bus:
- be on time
- never run to or from the bus
- stand back from the curb
- don’t push or shove
- stay in your seat
- don’t yell or shout
- always obey the driver
- wait for the driver’s signal before crossing
- always cross at least 10 feet in front of the bus
- never crawl under a school bus
If you have busing questions, you may contact the school district’s Transportation Office at 527-3019.